Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Went to Live 8 on Saturday, July 2nd. Very interesting. I was very proud of my Fellow Philadelphians.

There was a lot of "Bush Statements" cruising around that day. I kept thinking all we really need is to but a bunch of Bush quotes on posters and walk around. I thought his own words might make more of an impression. Agreed, the grammar may still be equally as bad.

I find it interesting that we, as a nation, have impeached a President for lying about a sexual encounter but when we were told lies to justify a war (and I'm speaking only about that in Iraq) we accept that.

Before I get slammed about this- I DO believe something needed to be done about Saddam. I believed it in the late 80's and continued to feel this way until they captured him. I question the timing and credibility of our leaders who decided that March 2003 was the time. We had other battles and this decision resulted in short-term results that have long-term consequences. I wish I didn’t believe that even if they knew then, what they know now about WMD, that we’d still be there.

I do not believe it is our place or responsibility to place our own value systems on others, but when the Kurds were slaughtered, as an act of ethnic cleansing well... seems to be that would have been a better time to take a stand. End of rant.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Shari DeAngelo interesting post. I was looking for Info on dream and I came across your site and while this post wasn't an exact match i was most interested to read what you had to say. I was looking for dream infomation, I glad I came across your site I'll visit again sometime.

1/21/2006 09:28:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I find it interesting that we, as a nation, have impeached a President for lying about a sexual encounter but when we were told lies to justify a war (and I'm speaking only about that in Iraq) we accept that.

I could not agree more! I've said this so many times and I am still baffled by it.

8/01/2007 02:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home